



After a weekend in Southern California celebrating radiant bride-to-be Michelle, this morning's 6:30 a.m. wake up call from the little man should have been annoying or exhausting... it wasn't. Never have I been so happy to sprint to my son's room, throw open the door and watch him turn in his crib to grin at me and exclaim his greeting. Carter has stolen my heart, yet again! (Just like his Daddy before him...) I'm convinced the pre-7 a.m. wakeup was purely because he was excited to see me, too.
Our little guy welcomes his eleven month milestone today, still with the sniffles (day 16 of a head cold, poor kid!) but no lack of energy or spunk. Seconds after I've rescued him from his crib, changed his diaper and fed him his morning bottle, Carter is crawling around his nursery at the speed of light, greeting his toys and stuffed animals, pulling on cords to see how I'll react, and then sprint-crawling into my lap to stand up and bounce. Carter loves to bounce. It might be his favorite thing. Either that, a bath, a Bjorn walk with Daddy, or the whole milk yogurt of which he can't get enough.
In a month we'll be celebrating his official birthday, so we are going to soak in all the joys of having a baby boy this last month before having to reluctantly admit he's a toddler.
No comments:
Post a Comment